Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Eureka!

So...I laugh at my stupidity...all the time. This time is no different. I have been terribly confused as to how birds were getting into my house and pooping on my walls, counters, etc. I don't think I have written yet, but lizards here are like cockroaches! They are everywhere and every size. They climb the walls, HOP(!), and dart all over the place. These little indiscretions are not bird poo, but rather lizard shit. Ok, makes sense, but dammit...seriously.

Today was not a good day for my patience with the Jamaican mens and their 'steel'. I was in no mood to deal with them. Someone yelled out that they wanted to walk with me and I usually say 'no thank you' but today I just yelled "NO!" And then, someone offered to buy me a dress he knew I wanted (heard me yesterday ask for a price...) and I just yelled, "I don't think so!" I usually don't yell. Well, I guess it wasn't yelling...maybe raised voice with a little attitude? Who knows.

I made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting last night...playing around with my kitchen I guess. It was a splurge. It cost like $6 for both of them, half of what I make in a day. But I needed it sooooo bad. I have one small piece left 24 hours later. Mind you I brought some to my co-workers and my neighbors, but I myself have had 5 good sized pieces...in 24 hours. Amazing. I didn't have the heart to tell my friend in Jamaica who was having a bad day that I was sitting there eating a delicious cake. She still doesn't know about my cake...she certainly should.

I have more to say but my book is waiting...

2 comments:

Janelle said...

wow tami, your blog is so much better than mine!! :D can you write mine for me in your free time?? hehe!

Too Much Tami said...

Oh come on, I just have too much to say and too much time on my hands! I have chronic diarrhea of the mouth, you know that!