Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Orgaaaasmic, Cliiimactic, Instant Coooffee!!! ...I-want-it-in-my-mouth-right-now! (That's what she said)

Man, I have been a blogging fool! I guess that happens when you have wireless internet on my bed. There are several things I want to say today. Starting with the my blog title. There are some things that are just not readily available and at my disposal. For instance, coffee shops are a rarity, as is good coffee in general. Therefore, when I'm really really jonesin for coffee, sometimes it must be instant. That being said, my blog title is actually the song I have created to get excited about my instant coffee. It's the little things you know?

Also life in Jamaica: I smell. For the first time in my life I have to wear deodorant and it isn't enough. I never stunk before, and now, when I sweat all day (I am sweating now on my bed at 8:30 pm) my skin just kind of smells sour all over. It isn't a bad sour, just not a pleasant sour. I shower twice a day and it isn't enough. It is just impossible to be dry. I sweat in the shower for heavens sake! I hand wash all my clothes and hang it to dry but when it rains and you are at work, your clothes don't exactly get dry. They get mildewy and moldy. Below is a pic of my current situation. I had to bring down all my clothes, hang them all over my room (you won't see the bathroom, kitchen, and grills on my windows) put the fan on them and will rehang them tomorrow. This doesn't seem like a big deal but I'll tell you, it is time consuming and a pain in the ass!

I also go through clothes so fast because of all the sweat that I am currently using a tank top as my sweat rag for the night since it is going in the nasty pile anyways...I feel dirty. But man, this is what I wanted!!! And this is nothing! I have mold in my white bra that won't scrub out...no bigs. I have had runny belly for 70% of my stay here, bring it on! A giant cockraoch just ran across my floor and under my bed...god help me. It is all good. I will say I bought myself a treat today. For J$180 (about 2.50USD) I bought myself some fragrance oil to dab on my neck so I don't have to smell myself. It is cherry almond and it is wonderful.

I have been up and down and back and forth and have been dealing with getting my room back in order and rearranging my furniture and things. The one aspect of my room that I have not liked are my bare walls! I need color and diversity. So today I put up some art that Grace made me. It makes me wish I would have brought something from my dad. He likes to paint me things. I also put some pics up so I can see my friends and family. I worry it might make things a little harder on me when I am having a rough day. I miss my bro and pops so dang much.

Work has been interesting. Tropical Storm Gustav completely wiped out the road that went to the recycling center. There was a land bridge made of clay going over a gully and it is just gone. There is some minor mountain climbing I now have to do to get to work. I will have to post a pic. It is intense! The inaccessible road now makes it impossible to drop of loads of materials and may hamper the progress we have been working towards. The last couple of days I have been mostly researching funding opportunities and going to meetings, but tomorrow I think I will actually be doing some planting in the nursery. One can hope anyways. I like to get my hands dirty!

I am going to go do some more organizing and then read and go to bed...and maybe play some tetris...I am going to leave you with a pic I took last week.

No comments: