Sunday, September 21, 2008

So much about nothing.

Oh my...has it been an interesting couple of weeks. The problem is that now that last weekend has come and gone, I am not nearly excited to write about it. Basically...me...30 other volunteers...Falmouth....birthday celebrations...skinny dipping in the ocean at 3AM....fun...fun...fun...followed by a lot of exhaustion. Because I am still adjusting to everything it is way too overstimulating everyday so processing this whole experience takes time and after a weekend of waaaay too much fun, the week was pretty tiring. But what a good week! Before I get to my good week however I have to mention: I have worms. I am pretty sure. I saw 4 in my poo last weekend and have been examining my stools and haven't seen any since so I am starting to doubt, but I still went to the pharmacy and got dewormer and took it. I thought they were gone but now I am not so sure for reasons I am feeling too bashful to mention (weird). So, in the morning, I am going to do the tape test. It's going to be ugly. It involves tape, and my butthole. I am expecting too lose a few hairs and is not how I want to start my morning but if I don't get to the bottom of this, I am going to go insane. So, if I pull out a worm or two...or see eggs, I have worms. What if I don't though? Assume I don't and welcome this weight loss? I don't have much more weight to lose. I would rather not lose anymore. All my clothes fit ugly and baggy now and I can't afford to buy more clothes.

Man, I am all over the place. I am not in the spot to blog right now, but if I don't do it now, too much time is going to pass and I want to stay in the habit of blogging. So...next, my week. Working here is frustrating in ways I have no idea how to explain. Probably because it doesn't exist in America. I am going to skip over the frustrations and go straight to the good stuff! I have been in touch with some schools and I am going to get involved with the environment clubs there and hopefully get a sustainable recycling program going. This is really good news. I miss working with youth. I also have some meetings set up at a hotel, and with a woman that distributes a product called "Earthbound" that is used instead of styrofoam and is biodegradable. It is way cool and I am hoping to get some businesses and schools to use them to reduce the waste that accumulates at an alarming rate on this ISLAND! There is only so much room for it.

I am going to save the rest of what I have to say when my computer isn't making me sweat on my clean sheets. Overall though, my head is in a good place and although I wish I could have a whole week to just be in Negril and relax and get my bearings, work is tomorrow and I am going to go. Boo, but yay because I am in the Peace Corps in Jamaica and have a job.

No comments: