Monday, December 15, 2008

Mo money, mo problems

My blogs are dwindling. It isn't that I don't have much to say, but rather that I have had outlets recently to share them with so they aren't as pressing to squeeze them out here. Plus, I kind of look like an ass when all my blogs contradict themselves. This life can be an emotional roller coaster and I feel like I go up and down and back and forth, sometimes all in the same day. I'll feel like I have it all figured out, and then I will be asking what the hell I am doing.

Tonight I am asking what the hell I am doing, but only becuase there is so much going on. We got a grant that required co-funding so on top of trying to collaborate and communicate with three organizations simultaneously, we are also putting together and doing the prep work for this project, and at the same time, trying to find the most appropriate grant to apply to for our co-funding. The project is called, "Boosting Biodiversity in Negril's Coral Reefs through Community Recycling and Environmental Education." I wrote like 97.5% of it and am very excited that my first real grant was funded! It is a huge deal in my little head...professional development wise. It is funded by the United Nations Development Program. Tomorrow is Monday and I have two meetings, both meetings with people that are late. Late in Jamaica doesn't even mean like 20 minutes. It is measured more by the hour. We will see what tomorrow brings. I have decided my new outlet for dealing with it will be writing haikus. I haven't tried this yet, but I might come up with some good stuff tomorrow. I am also working on an integrated public awareness campaign, a web page, and several documents that need revision before we start carrying out our project. I am spending waaaay too much time in the office lately, which is difficult because it is really uncomfortable in their chairs, but I know that once we start moving, I am going to be doing tons of meetings with area schools, businesses, and hotels. Not to mention workshops and training with community members.
My Office (just kidding...just mixing work with my tan one afternoon. I really was working!)



More to touch on later (more for me than for you):
Barium Swallow and belchy tonic
Jamaican gyn exam
Dive Certification
Hopes and dreams

No comments: