Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Caring continued...



I live here. Just saying.



I am done with the caring too much post. It was originally going to end on happy notes but I was so damn tired I couldn't write anymore.

On to happier times: There are so many things to be happy about! The blog I wrote about last night was my attempt at externalizing something unsettling that I was making a conscious decision about. But there really is nothing I can do but keep NOT doing anything while feeling bad about it because I don't think I should do anything. Mouthful...

I get home today. My home. In Jamaica, because I live on the beach in Jamaica (I still can't believe it sometimes and it has been almost a year). And I look out of my screen door into my yard and I see Busha...this old man that fixes things around here when they get broken. He is such a nice and pleasant old man and today we picked mangoes together. We have not one...not two...but three different mango trees in my back yard. We only picked from one, but did I mention I have three mango trees growing in my back yard? So it wasn't like we were just picking. We were on the roof, with a big long stick of bamboo with wire at the end and we were hooking it and trying to catch them and it was such an adventure! And then I got two of the six that were ripe. I will take pics and post them eventually.

Second thing I am happy about: Pizza. It is just about the best thing ever. Especially when made with beer. I made the best pizza I may have ever eaten last night. I am pretty happy about that. I ruined the last one but this was incredible!

Third thing: Podcasts! Can you say NPR-Fresh Air & Talk of the Nation. Not to mention Anderson Cooper and Bill Maher (who is fucking hilarious!). I am so having fun with talk radio at the moment and can't wait to listen to my next Bill Maher episode...these are all free.

Fourth thing: My social life is good. It is not the best because I live in Jamaica, but compared to many, I could be out every night of the week. This always comes and goes but right now I have been pretty social and it feels good. I am meeting a lot of really awesome people. Well, not a lot, but some awesome and some REALLY awesome people. I am thankful for that.

Fifth thing: Obama. I am reading Dreams from my Father right now and it is incredible. He is an amazing writer. I knew that of course. I have heard his speeches and excerpts, but this is just incredible. I stay awake to read it at night, which is hard to do because I already stay up to late. I heart Obama.

Sixth: Bounty bars with peanut butter. Cold and chunky peanut butter if I'm going to be frank. Damn good and does wonderful things to my soul. It isn't good for me but dude, I don't care.

Seventh thing to be happy for: BOWL OF NOUNS. 'NUFF SAID.

Finally, the last thing I am going to mention because I am a total dork is that I have been chuckling all day because I have been writing a song in my head. Kind of... I have been learning guitar and playing a lot and I am going to wirte a song. It is about Jamaican Anacondas. It is a satire about Jamaican steel and how awesome it is. I will have to record it and post when I am threw. Give me some time on this folks.

I think that is it. It has been bugging me that my last post was such a downer. I have plenty to whine about, but I am choosing not to.

Did you hear about my mangoes? ;)

1 comment:

A.M.B. said...

I have been interested in reading your blog, as I have been considering joining the Peace Corps after college too. How come you stopped writing? What happened by the end of your trip?