Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ice pick in your butt. By Ice Pick, Co-written by Knuckles

As Grace and I were sitting at Easy Rock Cafe, enjoying our Blue Mountain coffee (my first cup for over a month and it was oh so good) we decided after seeing Rambo, an expat diver, that we also needed a pretty sweet bad ass name. Although we aren't built like Mr. T and don't have the bling, or the tattoos, we are still two intimidating mo foes. Grace said her name would have to be knuckles, brass knuckles even. This didn't work at all. Knuckles it is then. And since I am sharp as a tack, or possibly just tacky...my name is ice pick. For some reason, we started talking about prison and how you can have knuckles in prison but not an ice pick. This is totally false I say. People smuggle in ice picks all the time! How says Grace aka Knuckles? In the butt! Duh...totally a no brainer.

You may have already realized that this blog consists of zero substance. This is ok. Sometimes you just need to sit around and think of totally sweet names.

Yesterday I was sick in bed all day. So boring, can't handle it. I decided to make one of my staples. Bean and cheese burritos. Since there aren't really any burrito tortillas, it is more like bean and cheese soft tacos. So yesterday afternoon before Grace's arrival, I took a can of black beans from my bean pyramid, and got my onion chopped and my taco sauce ready. Everything is in place. Even the mountain of cheese was grated. As I poured in my oil I got more excited...closer to the end goal. As I poured in my onions, the oil splashed on me and I screamed while doing a little dance. I am pretty sure I swore a lot too. Oh, I left out that I wasn't actually fully clothed. So, I am now burned with fear of scarring, but you better believe that they were damn good burritos.

For dinner Grace and I made cake. Not just any cake. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting. It was amazing. So we spent the evening watching Stick It and eating cake. Then talking, then passing out.

Today we are going to do yoga. I illegally downloaded a yoga video for my viewing pleasure. Then we are going to finish my gardening project when we figure out where I can get some soil (this island is covered in rock and coral). This must be the most boring blog ever so I am going to stop. I was just really excited about our nicknames.

For your viewing pleasure, I give you my burns, and Grace trying to sleep in my chair where she thought the mosquitoes would stop biting her (weird logic).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ice pick,
i love that you pulled down your pants to show off your sweet burns even though you can see both of them clearly with your pants still on.
i heart you with all my love.
-knuckles

Too Much Tami said...

I know, weird huh?