Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cows, you ain't got nothing on me!

Ashley and I
Liza, Me, Ashley, Megan
My weekend was awesome. Lots of play with lots of friends! My highlight was definitely the 15 mile bike ride along the ocean on back trails through the West End. It was me, Ashley, Keith, and Lindsay out for a day of adventure and adventure we had! We had to plow through giant scary cows that we felt threatened by, we got to lift our bikes over giant rock mounds and gates, and we got to explore rocky beaches with blow holes! It was exhausting but so satisfying. I can't wait to do it again with someone. Lot's of scratches and a little sunburn, but we all made it out alright.

Keith is tough!
Blowholes!



This week is intense at work. So we are trying to get our recycling going....which is hard. Wednesday is a meeting I have arranged with many of the hotels that bring their bottles to us. Peter and I basically have to charm the crap out of them, and show them what an amazing community project this could be with a little more support. Arranging this has occupied much of my time at work the last two weeks. Emails, follow up calls, a proposal, agenda, arranging refreshments, getting Peter prepared....I am so nervous. What to wear? Obviously my black flats, long black pants, and a button down shirt. Or a skirt? Tough call.

I am also going to start co-teaching a life skills class twice a month at the Theodora Foundation and designing and running a service learning program. This I am really excited about. I will explain more when I have worked out all my ideas for this. Very exciting!

Hopefully I will be diving more to help out with our coral reef monitoring section of our project. I might potentially dive as early as Sunday and I couldn't be more excited about that.

I think that is it for now. Just doing more of the same. Cooking a lot. Eating a lot.

Be kind. Rewind.

1 comment:

Jesse E. Hunter said...

I hope that we all get our EFJ grants accepted! Man-what a thrill that'll be...keep up the good work, toots!

You four are looking so brown and happy on the beach--I wanna come too (maybe soon).

love from the near east!