Thursday, October 9, 2008

Donkey Tacos, Flying Cockroaches, and Jurassic Park, oh my!

Some notable notes:

Tacos are amazing. Let me repeat: Tacos are AMAZING. Soft tacos that is. It is impossible to get taco shells that aren't stale. Same goes for tortilla chips, but there is nothing to do about that but make nachos so delicious that you don't notice the stale chips, and soft tacos instead of hard shell. The only real problem is that black beans are hard to come by and cheese is expensive, and salsa is just plain too expensive to buy. This leaves Mexican food for very special occasions, or when I can't stand it anymore. I have finally gotten accustomed to pears. Pears here are known to you Americans as avocados. They are humongous and a little harder and their flavor is a little different. Back home, last summer in fact, I attributed the 10 pounds I gained to eating pears by the spoonful, but here, I can only enjoy them in something. Sandwiches...nachos...crackers with cream cheese and papaya chutney...never alone. Although I am sure you are tired of me blogging about tacos, I feel obligated to explain why I mention Donkey. I have reason to believe that my unusual ground beef (which is expensive here and has been rancid at the stores in the past) was actually quite normal donkey. Apparently, it is not unheard of to sell donkey as beef. I am not complaining. It was damn good donkey.

Next, my battle with cockroaches is intensifying. I think they are winning. It makes me sad. This last attempt at battle resulted in my failed attempt at killing a big fucker. I'm talking big...and juicy and gross. Next thing I know it is crawling up the wall in my bathroom. Keith, my PCV friend who lives in Logwood, played the hero roll and sprayed it and then smashed it and then flushed it, but my screams were so audible that the neighbors came to make sure everything was ok. Damn those cockroaches.

I have realized that I blog so much and they are so long that I actually don't ever even get through my own so I am trying to keep them shorter from now on so lastly...

Jurassic Park man, more like fe fi fo fum. Who's Jurassic now bitch! When I was little, I remember the first movies I ever saw at the theater. I believe they were in this order starting with my first ever big screen flick! 1) Lion King, 2) Home Alone, 3) Free Willy, 4) JURASSIC PARK...saw it twice even! After the movie, I started having nightmares that I was in Jurassic Park and that the dinasaurs were trying to kill me. Then I started having nightmares that they were in my life...like my house and my yard and my town and everything. This was recurring over and over for years! But now, I feel like I have the upperhand. There are more lizards here than birds. They are like pigeons or something. They are freaking everywhere and they are all shapes and sizes and colors. I have them in my house and outside and when I shower they are in my window. I can't even explain how many lizards are everywhere! They look like some of the dinos in my dreams, but now I am big and they are afraid of me! They are super curious and once one jumped on me. Oh yeah, they hop. Did you know lizards hop like bunnies becuase I sure didn't.

Like I said, I could go on...I have so much to report. But you can only read so much. Until next time...

No comments: